IAEE2022 hybrid conference allows you to choose your best participation mode: in presence or virtually.
- For those who are able to join us in Tokyo JAPAN, the hybrid format will allow you to:
- Attend the full range of scientific sessions including poster session.
- Interact face-to-face with speakers and experts on the field
- Network with colleagues
- Experience the exceptional Japanese hospitality
- For those who cannot travel or prefer to enjoy the conference online, the hybrid format will allow you to:
- Follow scientific sessions by livestream anywhere in the world
- Participate in online interactive features and live Q&As on ZOOM
- Interact with industry partners
|Participation mode||in presence||virtual|
|Plenary, Dual plenary, Round Table||◎||◎|
|Industry partners (Exhibition)||×||◎|
|Gala Dinner (Awards ceremony included)
Not for all participants. See the Gala Dinner page for eligibility.
In partnership with the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ) will host the 43rd IAEE Annual Conference, in Tokyo, Japan, (31 July - 4 August 2022). This will be the second instance for IEEJ to organize such prestigious conference since 1986 - 36 years ago.
As the world pursues deep reductions in its carbon intensity, the environment surrounding the energy markets is becoming more and more complex due to increasingly unstable geopolitical conditions combined with unforeseen rapid technological progresses. It is therefore a timely opportunity to organize a conference under the main theme of Mapping the Energy Future -Voyage in Uncharted Territory-. With the participation of internationally renowned experts on energy and economic issues, this distinguished conference, related to energy and environment, should be of interest for everyone. It should serve as an ideal platform to learn, exchange views and further develop business models.
- 4 August 2022
- We could successfully close IAEE2022.
We would like to say thank you very much for your joining the conference.
- 29 July 2022
- PhD Session has been postponed. Technical visit has been cancelled.
- 25 July 2022
- Program Book（ver.1_2022.7.22）is posted.
- 15 July 2022
- Cultural Programs at the venue is announced.
- 14 July 2022
- We are still looking for participants for the Technical Visit!
The extended application deadline is 20 July.
- 13 July 2022
- Call for PhD session participants is now open!
- 12 July 2022
- Unfortunately, given the current COVID situation.
we have decided to cancel the Welcome Reception and Student Happy Hour.
- 3 June 2022
- Important Notice to enter Japan page is updated.
- 12 May 2022
- Timetable / Agenda page is updated.
- 6 May 2022
- Gala Dinner information is now available.
- 12 April 2022
- Important Notice to enter Japan page is now available.
- 1 April 2022
- Registration is now available.
- 25 March 2022
- Registration Detail is posted. Online registration will open on 1 April.
- 16 March 2022
- Accommodation page is now available.
- 14 March 2022
- Organization page is now available.
- 21 February 2022
- IAEE Tokyo conference be held as a hybrid conference.
- 19 January 2022
- Timetable / Agenda page is now available.
- 11 November 2021
- PR movie is now available.
- 28 September 2021
- Best Student Paper Award and Student Scholarship pages are now available.
- 6 September 2021
- Abstract Submission page is now available.
- 18 August 2021
- Call for Papers is now available.
- 11 December 2019
- Website open.
- Deadline for abstract submission:
- 25 February 2022
- Notification of abstract:
- 8 April 2022
- Submission of full paper and Registration:
- 20 May 2022
The conference is open to all forms of energy and environment topics. For energy, the subjects could range from production, transmission, distribution, retail and financial markets. For environment, the topics could focus on policies, emerging technologies and institutions.
The conference will cover subjects such as:
- Climate change
- Paris Agreement and policy designs
- CCS & CCU methods and solutions
- Economics and geopolitics of oil and natural gas
- Role of conventional energy sources under low carbon society
- Security of supply issues
- Development of LNG markets
- Prospects of oil and gas prices
- Gas transportation and pipelines
- Market and environmental effects of shale oil and gas
- Country studies of energy market reforms and experiences
- Electricity pricing and grid system
- Distributed generation under uncertainty
- Energy utilities strategies
- Nuclear energy
- Energy sector investment
- Efficient use of energy
- Renewable energy
- Role of innovative technologies
- Connecting intermittent renewable to grids
- Prospects of alternative transport fuels
- Energy and emission modeling
- Experimental methods and behavioral economics in energy and environmental analysis
- Uncertainty: options, futures and other derivatives
- Commodity and financial derivatives markets for energy
- Regional energy issues
- Global emissions regulation (IMO, ICAO/IATA)
- Energy access issues