IAEE Best Student Paper Competition
IAEE is pleased to announce its 43rd IAEE International Conference Best Student Paper Competition and Award. A top prize of US$1,000 will be given for the best paper in energy economics. Three runner-up prizes of US$500 each will also be given. All four winners will receive a waiver of registration fees to attend the 43rd IAEE International Conference. In addition to financial perks, participating in the Best Student Paper competition gives students a chance to receive feedback on their work from a committee of preeminent energy economists. To be considered for the Best Student Paper Award please follow the guidelines below.
To be eligible for consideration, the applicant(s) must be
- full-time student(s) as of the application deadline;
- Note that one or more students may co-author the submission together.
- a member of IAEE in good standing. Membership information may be found at www.iaee.org.
The concept development, the research described in the paper, and the writing of the paper must be primarily the work of the student and cannot have previously won a prize at an IAEE affiliated conference. Work co-authored with up to 2 supervisors will be considered, but with additional application requirements/materials, also set out below.
Application materials consist of
- Paper abstract; (may be same as abstract submitted to conference for general concurrent session presentation, in case one has been submitted);
- Paper - double-spaced; 8.5 by 11 inch page setup; 30 pages maximum (any paper that exceeds the page limitation will be subject to disqualification);
- Letter from applicant verifying he/she meets qualifications (include photocopy of student ID);
- Letter from applicant's advisor or another faculty member familiar with applicant's research confirming that paper meets qualifications for submission and recommending it for consideration.
- If the paper is co-authored with supervisor(s),
- The lead author must be a student;
- A contribution statement should be provided by the student(s) outlining their role in the paper;
- A contribution statement or letter is required from the supervisor(s) confirming that their role on the paper was primarily advisory; and
- All authors must be IAEE members.
Please note: in order to receive the award, students must attend the conference and present their paper. All travel and accommodation costs associated with attending the conference are the responsibility of the award recipients or his/her institution.
The paper & application deadline is March 25, 2022. Please submit all materials electronically in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "Submission for IAEE Best Student Paper Award" in the subject line. You will be notified by April 21, 2022 as to the disposition of your paper.
For further questions regarding the IAEE Student Paper Award, please contact IAEE Headquarters at email@example.com.
Further note that if you would like to present your paper at the Conference even if it does not receive a Best Paper Award (and thus get presented in a concurrent session), you must follow the regular paper submission procedures, submitting an abstract by February 25, 2022.