As of July 12, 2022
The application for visa support was ended July 1, 2022. (JST)
If you apply after July 1st, we cannot guarantee that necessary documents will be ready to send in time for your visa application.
Thank you for your understanding.
Information on visas and entry is subject to change depending on the status of COVID-19 infection in Japan.
Please be sure to check the website of the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General in your area of residence for the latest information before applying.
To find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General with jurisdiction over your area, please click on the link below.
Countries & Regions | Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (mofa.go.jp)
Necessary Step to Enter into Japan
To enter Japan, you will need the following
From March 1, 2022, all foreign visitors, regardless of nationality, require visa to enter Japan.
As an additional document, a certificate of ERFS is also required for visa application.
All documents are valid within 3 months of issuance. (within the validity period for documents with a stated expiration date)
Please note that entry into Japan for the purpose of personal tourism is still not permitted.
2. Certificate of inspection for COVID-19 within 72 hours before leaving the country
Please refer to the following links for the certificate of inspection.
Information from Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare of Japan:
- Certification Form:
Quarantine period after entering Japan
Please be sure to read the information in the link below before entering Japan, as it is important information regarding the quarantine period after entry into Japan.
Your quarantine depends on the classification of the country/region ("red," "yellow," or "blue") of your stay within 14 days before arriving in Japan, and your vaccination status. Please check which group you belong to by following the link below.
Vaccination certificate can be approved only valid vaccines by the Japanese government. See the type of vaccines approved from the link below.
- Related Links:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan
What you need to do before and after entry into Japan
MHLW; “Japanese Border Measures”
- For more details;
Return to your home country
As the measures for returning to your country/economy from Japan, please check your country/economy’s updated information.
PCR testing may be required before leaving Japan. It is strongly recommended to check the regulations in your country.
Visa Support for IAEE2022
As mentioned above, ALL foreign visitors, regardless of nationality, require visa to enter Japan.
Please check the following links for visa procedures and required documents before you go through the visa process.
1. Conditions for eligibility for visa support
The IAEE2022 Organizing Committee will provide visa support documents to only the participants who meet ALL the following conditions:
- 1)Those who have completed registration and payment of the registration fee
- 2)Those who are NOT from Countries/Regions subject to denial of permission to enter Japan as defined by the Japanese government
(see Ministry of Foreign Affairs link: https://www.mofa.go.jp/ca/fna/page4e_001053.html)
2. Number of days of stay to be supported
14 days (including arrival and departure days (2 days) and the duration of IAEE2022 conference (5 days))
3. How to apply for visa support
If you meet the above all requirements and wish to travel to Japan, fill out all the necessary information in the "Questionnaire Form for Visa Support" on the My Page of your registration account.
To login to your registration account, please refer to the Registration page.
The following two items are required for visa support.
- -Completed Questionnaire Form for Visa Support
- -A copy of your passport
- * If you are also applying for visas for accompanying persons, copies of their passports are also required.
- *A copy of the page with the photo is required.
- *Make sure your passport is valid.
- *Make sure that the passport is of the nationality indicated on the Questionnaire Form for Visa Support
Send the above two items to IAEE 2022 Visa Support Office by e-mail attachment.
- *Make sure to send a copy of your passport with the same password as the Questionnaire Form for Visa Support.
The password for the Questionnaire Form for Visa Support can be found in your registered account.
IAEE 2022 Visa Support Office will send you the necessary documents for your visa application, including the ERFS certificate.
Please apply for a visa at the nearest Japanese Embassy or Consulate-General with the documents we sent you and the documents you need to prepare on your own.
- *The IAEE2022 Organizing Committee will issue visa support documents, but please note that this does not guarantee you will obtain a visa.
For any questions about visa support to
IAEE 2022 Visa Support Office