In partnership with the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS), the Institute of Energy Economics, Japan (IEEJ) will host the 43rd IAEE Annual Conference, in Tokyo, Japan, (31 July - 4 August 2022). This will be the second instance for IEEJ to organize such prestigious conference since 1986 - 36 years ago.
As the world pursues deep reductions in its carbon intensity, the environment surrounding the energy markets is becoming more and more complex due to increasingly unstable geopolitical conditions combined with unforeseen rapid technological progresses. It is therefore a timely opportunity to organize a conference under the main theme of Mapping the Energy Future -Voyage in Uncharted Territory-. With the participation of internationally renowned experts on energy and economic issues, this distinguished conference, related to energy and environment, should be of interest for everyone. It should serve as an ideal platform to learn, exchange views and further develop business models.
- 19 January 2022
- Timetable / Agenda page is now available.
- 11 November 2021
- PR movie is now available.
- 28 September 2021
- Best Student Paper Award and Student Scholarship pages are now available.
- 6 September 2021
- Abstract Submission page is now available.
- 18 August 2021
- Call for Papers is now available.
- 11 December 2019
- Wegsite open.
- Deadline for abstract submission:
- 25 February 2022
- Notification of abstract:
- 8 April 2022
- Submission of full paper and Registration:
- 20 May 2022
The conference is open to all forms of energy and environment topics. For energy, the subjects could range from production, transmission, distribution, retail and financial markets. For environment, the topics could focus on policies, emerging technologies and institutions.
The conference will cover subjects such as:
- Climate change
- Paris Agreement and policy designs
- CCS & CCU methods and solutions
- Economics and geopolitics of oil and natural gas
- Role of conventional energy sources under low carbon society
- Security of supply issues
- Development of LNG markets
- Prospects of oil and gas prices
- Gas transportation and pipelines
- Market and environmental effects of shale oil and gas
- Country studies of energy market reforms and experiences
- Electricity pricing and grid system
- Distributed generation under uncertainty
- Energy utilities strategies
- Nuclear energy
- Energy sector investment
- Efficient use of energy
- Renewable energy
- Role of innovative technologies
- Connecting intermittent renewable to grids
- Prospects of alternative transport fuels
- Energy and emission modeling
- Experimental methods and behavioral economics in energy and environmental analysis
- Uncertainty: options, futures and other derivatives
- Commodity and financial derivatives markets for energy
- Regional energy issues
- Global emissions regulation (IMO, ICAO/IATA)
- Energy access issues